8:00 am - 2:00pm
9:00 am - 8:00pm
5622 W Palmaire Ave Glendale, AZ 85301
At The Birth Nest at Catlin Court, we offer two locations for labor and delivery services; the birth center, or your home! Both locations have their own unique benefits, and our midwives can help you find the perfect location for you.
During labor, your care is custom fit for you. Each woman is different and beyond that, every labor is different, so the care and support you receive is unique to you. Some women want us to come to them early and some don’t want us to come until later in their labors. Some women need and want hands on support and some want us to fade into the background only emerging to quietly assess both mother and baby when needed, quickly fading away again. We are here to offer suggestions, give physical and emotional support to you in the ways that you desire, and most importantly, we are here to help you achieve the birth that you want.
When the time comes for the birth of your child, providing that the baby is not in any distress, a slow and gentle birth is always the goal. Mother, father or both may catch the baby. We have even knelt next to a great-grandmother catching her first great grandchild.
The clinical monitoring during labor and delivery includes:
- Monitoring the baby’s well-being by intermittently monitoring fetal heart tones
- Monitoring maternal vital signs
- Assessment of the progressions of labor
- Catching your baby or giving assistance so that you or someone of your choosing may catch the baby
- Consultation with a physician as needed.
- Transport or Transfer of care to a hospital and physician if needed.